You’ve surely heard of vitamin C. The original supplemental antioxidant. But there’s a lot to this molecule.
Strap in for part one of this crash course on (cheap) essential supplements, the aging effects of oxidative stress, biological dentistry, and much more.
The human liver is designed to make vitamin C but missing the crucial 4th enzyme Click To Tweet
"Vitamin C is important because it's the primary fuel on which every cell in your body runs” Click To Tweet
A nutrient within olive oil can DOUBLE blood vitamin C levels Click To Tweet
1g of liposomal vitamin C has clinical impact of 6-7g of regular Click To Tweet
95% of abscessed teeth are asymptomatic and stealthily, powerfully, and chronically infect the body with harmful pathogens Click To Tweet
Podcast Sponsor Banner
About Dr. Thomas Levy
Dr. Thomas E. Levy is a board-certified cardiologist and has written six books on health-related issues. He's focused on how to restore and maintain good health. Even in the face of the many different forms of toxicity that all of us face, typically on a daily basis. He no longer has a clinical practice in medicine and cardiology. Instead, he focuses on research and writing.
Top things you’ll learn from Dr. Levy
- Why Dr. Levy takes vitamin C and cortisol in the morning
- Vitamin C and the liver
- How much vitamin C humans need
- A primary driver of disease
- How vitamin C works
- The role of toxins
- Two aspects of ongoing disease
- Oxidation and the free radical theory of aging
- Babies can make vitamin C but lose the ability
- Super power of a compound in olive leaf
- Basic, cheap, and essential supplements
- Dr. Levy's experiment with vitamin C and alcohol
- Molecular hydrogen (H2)
- Liposomal vitamin C vs regular
- Buffered vitamin C supplements are dangerous
- Vitamin C products with rose hips and other bioavailability boosters
- Blunting hormetic stress with vitamin C
- Biological dentistry
- Link between coronary artery disease and pathogens
- Crucial nature of your vitamin C level
- What makes oral infections so dangerous
- The 3D Cone Beam scan
- Abscessed teeth are common and asymptomatic
- Dangers of root canals
- The risk of botox
- Problem and solution to tonsils
- Finding biological dentists
- Why flossing is bad
- Supplement: LivOn Labs Liposomal Vitamin C
- Supplement: Molecular hydrogen (H2) tablets (save 10% with code URBAN)
Connect with Dr. Thomas Levy
This podcast is brought to you by
Nick Urban is a Biohacker, Data Scientist, Athlete, Founder of Outliyr, and the Host of the Mind Body Peak Performance Podcast. He is a Certified CHEK Practitioner, a Personal Trainer, and a Performance Health Coach. Nick is driven by curiosity which has led him to study ancient medical systems (Ayurveda, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Hermedic Principles, etc), and modern science.
Music by Luke Hall
Subscribe to MBPP!
What did you think about this episode? Drop a comment below or leave a review on Apple Music to let me know. I use your feedback to bring you the most helpful guests and content.
2 thoughts on “Biological Dentistry, Vitamin C, & Orthomolecular Nutrition”
Great episode; great guest speaker. Thank you for the helpful information! I was looking for information from Dr. Levy and your interview came up…so glad it did!
Glad you enjoyed the episode, Heidi!