Looking good matters. Those that take care of themselves are not only perceived as more attractive (obviously), but also enjoy additional luxuries, higher status, and more.
Did you know that your skin health directly impacts your longevity and even performance?
The skin is not only a mirror of your biological age but drives aging Click To Tweet
The highest concentration of senescent cells exist in the skin, and they impact your longevity the most Click To Tweet
Senescent cell burden is the only tenant of aging that impacts all the others Click To Tweet
Careful with overusing retinol and skin renewing agents or your skin will become thin Click To Tweet
100% natural skincare products without stabilizers and other additives will have oxidized and become useless (or worse) long before you use them Click To Tweet
Use a quality mineral (physical) rather than a chemical-based sunscreen Click To Tweet
Podcast Sponsor Banner
Amitay Eshel is an entrepreneur in the biohacking and beauty fields. He has held executive roles in the health, wellness, and beauty industry for over a decade, as well as being a business development consultant in that space. As co-founder and CEO of Young Goose, the biohacking skincare company, and host of the Young Goose’s Biohacking Beauty podcast, Amitay has been making waves in his industry through education and innovation. Young Goose embodies his two passions, performance optimization, and skin health, with products that boost the functions of natural rejuvenation processes in the skin.
Top things you’ll learn from Amitay Eshel
- Amitay's morning routine for peak performance
- Where the name “Young Goose” came from
- Our skin is a mirror AND driver of biological age
- Senescent skin cells impact overall longevity
- Senescent cells cause inflammation which hampers performance
- Some hallmarks of aging are weighted more heavily
- Senescent cell burden impacts every tenant of aging
- Health problems first arise in the skin
- Skincare, attraction, and social status
- Ideal skincare routines
- The only skincare product virtually everyone should use
- Gut health determines nutrient absorption ability
- Quality sleep improves skin
- Early morning natural light and skin protection
- Does red light therapy really improve skin?
- How HBOT can heal the skin
- Exercise & skin health
- Finding the sweet spot between health, longevity, and performance
- Danger of “natural” skincare and beauty products
- Antioxidants are inherently unstable
- Protecting the skin barrier is vital for optimal skin health
- Don't buy skincare products that you'd “feel comfortable putting in your mouth”
- Skincare products and stabilizer ingredients
- The case for and against sunscreen
- Different forms of sunblock
- How chemical sunblocks work (and their dangers)
- How mineral sunblocks work
- Nick Urban's simple sun protection protocol
- Melanotan II & astaxanthin
- Labeling fraud of mineral sunscreens
- The only TWO effective sun-protecting mineral ingredients
- The FDA classifies sunblock as a drug
- Products: Young Goose Skincare (save 20% with code NICKURBAN)
- Article: Guide to Red Light Therapy
- Article: How to Improve Your Gut Health
- Article: What is Biological Age & How to Test
Connect with Amitay & Young Goose
This podcast is brought to you by
Nick Urban is a Biohacker, Data Scientist, Athlete, Founder of Outliyr, and the Host of the Mind Body Peak Performance Podcast. He is a Certified CHEK Practitioner, a Personal Trainer, and a Performance Health Coach. Nick is driven by curiosity which has led him to study ancient medical systems (Ayurveda, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Hermedic Principles, etc), and modern science.
Music by Luke Hall
Subscribe to MBPP!
What did you think about this episode? Drop a comment below or leave a review on Apple Music to let me know. I use your feedback to bring you the most helpful guests and content.