I called myself a “biohacker” for over a decade. Over the last few years, I started feeling uneasy about the term and where the industry is going.
From my studies of effective ancient cultures and modern medical systems yielding the greatest results, I coined a new movement I call “bioharmony”.
Bioharmonization is the more effective and safer alternative to biohacking Click To TweetAmplifying—rather than opposing—the body’s functions, processes, and systems improves your quality of life over the long-term Click To TweetWe can rule out placebo effects via self-quantification (HRV biofeedback, EEG brain wave sensing, Applied Kinesiology, etc) or by testing forms of life more immune to placebo (babies, plants, animals) Click To Tweet
Podcast Sponsor Banner
About Nick Urban
Nick Urban is a wellness consultant, functional health coach, and Chek Practitioner. A former collegiate rugby and football athlete, Nick became frustrated with the conventional (inadequate) answers he got to seemingly simple questions. Insatiable curiosity led him to powerful solutions and strategies elsewhere. Every year Nick integrates hundreds of modern scientific studies with timeless traditional wisdom and anecdotal reports to help those achieve their own optimal performance.
Nick founded Outliyr & the Mind Body Peak Performance podcast to share his exploration into the principles of bioharmonization and the resulting ultimate quality of life upgrade. By following the principles of bioharmony, you’ll find the vital 20% that yields 80% of the peak health & performance results. Only 1% of people ever reach their potential. Shortcut the process by joining the bioharmonizer tribe.
Top things you’ll learn from Nick
- Nick Urban’s background
- Which biohacks work and which are placebos
- How to quantify “quantum” technologies
- Mistaken causality permeates every level of thinking
- Biohacking has unintended consequences
- Obvious danger of CRISPR-Cas9 and transhumanism
- Failure of the Human Genome Project
- Most biohacks are actually bioharmony practices
- Extreme temperatures (sauna and ice baths) build resilience
- Important basic lifestyle practices
- Power of a simple and quick post-meal walk
- Bioharmony principle #1: Innate Intelligence
- Emotions bridge our inner and outer worlds and convey useful information
- Bioharmony principle #2: Self-Sovereignty
- Bioharmony principle #3: Oppositional Consequences
- False dichotomy between occasional enjoyment and optimal health
- Bioharmony principle #4: Biofeedback Amnesia
- Biochemical individuality explains why nothing works for everyone
- Bioharmony principle #5: Critical Application
- Enjoying yourself on special occasions usually more important than militaristic discipline
- How to become a world-class expert on any subject FAST
- Bioharmony comes with synergies and “side benefits”
Connect with Nick
This Podcast Is Brought to You By
Nick Urban is a Biohacker, Data Scientist, Athlete, Founder of Outliyr, and the Host of the Mind Body Peak Performance Podcast. He is a Certified CHEK Practitioner, a Personal Trainer, and a Performance Health Coach. Nick is driven by curiosity which has led him to study ancient medical systems (Ayurveda, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Hermetic Principles, etc), and modern science.
Music by Luke Hall
Subscribe to MBPP!
What did you think about this episode? Drop a comment below or leave a review on Apple Music to let me know. I use your feedback to bring you the most helpful guests and content.