Whatever your health goals, odds are that resistance training will help. But there’s an issue. Maybe you hate gym culture. Maybe you don’t have time and struggle with consistency. Maybe the expensive monthly membership puts it out of budget. Maybe you injured yourself and loathe the idea of returning.
Harambe System is changing the industry.
Podcast Sponsor Banner
About Khalid Bou-Rabee
Khalid Bou-Rabee is a Professor of Mathematics at the City University of New York specializing in Geometric and Combinatorial Group Theory. He holds a BA in Mathematics from Rice University and a PhD in Mathematics from the University of Chicago. When COVID-19 hit, and gyms shut down, Khalid, unsatisfied with existing home gym solutions, founded Harambe System.
Top things you’ll learn from Khalid
- What makes Harambe the best variable resistance band system
- Variable resistance training vs traditional free weights
- How to change the force curve of a lift to get a different workout
- Resistance training and injury
- Safety of training with bands
- Dangers of conventional strength training
- Consistency and psychology of injuries
- Do band workouts really take just 10 minutes?
- Working out to fatigue
- Why Nick got a pair of dumbells to combine with Harambe
- Using KAATSU/BFR training with Harambe
- What is the Harambe System?
- Training with bands (without a system) doesn't work well
- Superiority of barbell training for compound movements
- The role of stability
- Benefits of band training with a foot plate
- Why Harambe chose to use a sling/pulley system
- Best workout routines for the Harambe System
- How Khalid uses Harambe
- How he quickly put on muscle mass
- His current Harambe System routine
- How to use Harambe System effectively
- Two primary Harambe workout programs
- How much recovery between variable resistance training sessions
- Optimal amount of rest time between sets
- Connect with Harambe System
- Harambe code URBAN saves 15%
- Some of Khalid's favorite teachers
- Trying to gain muscle while fasting
- Khalid's supplement routine
- Resistance training as medicine
- Gear: Harambe Resistance Training System (code URBAN saves 10%)
- Gear: KAATSU Advanced Blood Flow Restriction Training System (code URBAN saves 5%)
- Video: Nick's Harambe System Review
- Article: Nick's Harambe System Review
- Teacher: Marie Curie
- Teacher: Carl Friedrich Gauss
- Teacher: Charles Darwin
- Teacher: Richard Feynman
Connect with Harambe System
This podcast is brought to you by
Nick Urban is a Biohacker, Data Scientist, Athlete, Founder of Outliyr, and the Host of the Mind Body Peak Performance Podcast. He is a Certified CHEK Practitioner, a Personal Trainer, and a Performance Health Coach. Nick is driven by curiosity which has led him to study ancient medical systems (Ayurveda, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Hermedic Principles, etc), and modern science.
Music by Luke Hall
Subscribe to MBPP!
What did you think about this episode? Drop a comment below or leave a review on Apple Music to let me know. I use your feedback to bring you the most helpful guests and content.