For years, I had wanted to test out CGM technology to better understand how my unique body responds to specific foods, drinks, and lifestyle habits.
What if your daily “health” habits are actually setting you back?
Blood glucose is one powerful metric that can help you make optimal decisions. I tested the top CGM services at the beginning of 2021 and walked away with surprising findings.
So I had to get a member of their team on the show to talk about this futuristic technology.
Podcast Sponsor Banner
About Molly Downey
Molly Downey, RDN, LDN is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN), Licensed Dietitian/Nutritionist (LDN) who specializes in glucose control, metabolism, and weight loss. She graduated from Indiana University-Bloomington and currently works as a dietitian at Nutrisense, a health technology company that leverages continuous glucose monitors (CGMs) as a way to optimize diet, health, and overall wellbeing.
Top things you’ll learn from Molly Downey
- Reasons to not check your phone immediately in the morning
- Why continuous glucose monitors (CGMs) are a powerful tool for anyone to optimize health
- How CGMs work
- Differences between finger prick blood test and continuous monitoring
- Key advantages over traditional blood glucose monitors
- Thresholds to stay within to improve metabolic health
- How your body coverts food into usable fuel
- Understanding biomarkers
- Insulin, glucose, glucagon, Hb-A1C
- Why the typical Hb-A1C blood test is flawed
- Many different uses for CGM technology
- CGM users include:
- Professional athletes
- Entrepreneurs and business people
- Unhealthy folks looking to track improvements
- Those that want greater insight into how their body is functioning
- Common uses for CGMs:
- Identifying your ideal foods
- Virtual accountability from seeing your numbers (as will your complimentary dietitian)
- Reversing insulin resistance
- Improving workouts and recovery
- Determining which “health” foods/snacks actually sabotage your progress
- Finding how your habits and lifestyle impact your biometrics
- Visualizing the real impact of today’s unescapable chronic stress
- The biggest factors that spike glucose
- Our top blood sugar stabilizing hacks
- How to design a proper CGM health experiment
- The impact of hydration on your blood sugar
- Standing versus sitting post-meal
- The link between blood sugar stability and mental performance (memory, learning, focus)
- The future of CGM technology and NutriSense’s roadmap
- Molly wants continuous triglyceride, cortisol, and insulin monitors
- How the NutriSense process works: from signing up to optimizing your lifestyle
- Podcast: Dr. Peter Attia’s The Drive
- Book: The Complete Guide to Fasting: Heal Your Body Through Intermittent, Alternate-Day, and Extended Fasting
- Article: NutriSense CGM System Full Review
Connect with Molly Downey @ NutriSense
This podcast is brought to you by
Nick Urban is a biohacker, data scientist, athlete, founder of Outliyr, and the host of the Mind Body Peak Performance Podcast. He is a certified CHEK Practitioner, a Certified Personal Trainer, and a Performance Health Coach. Nick is a student of ancient medical systems (Ayurveda, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Hermedic Principles, etc), and modern science.
Music by Luke Hall
Subscribe to MBPP!
What did you think about this episode? Drop a comment below or leave a review on Apple Music to let me know. I use your feedback to bring you the most helpful guests and content.