Do you ever wonder about the state-of-the-art research currently being conducted behind closed doors?
Decades before they’re released to the general public, a secretive agency called DARPA designs the tools and technologies pioneering the future. Our guest worked at DARPA, and is seeking to redefine health and wellness.
"Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should" Click To Tweet "If you have the answer to everything, you might not be asking the right questions" Click To Tweet "Everyone wants to be Michael Phelps in the Olympics, but not at 5 AM working out as a 10-year old" Click To Tweet "If you're under constant stress, you burn nutrients faster than if you ran a marathon" Click To Tweet
Podcast Sponsor Banner
About Trung Tran
Mr. Trung Tran is a former DARPA program manager. Tran earned a BSEE from the US Air Force Academy and an MBA from Wharton- UPENN. While in the Air Force, he was stationed at Fort Meade and Hanscom AFB working under AIA. He developed cryptographic chips and command and control networks that focused on reducing the time between sensor and shooter. He received 4 medals for his work in these areas. He has spent the last 15 years in silicon valley developing products that range from 100G Top of the Rack Switches, 1U Server Blades, and semiconductors including FPGAs, Memory, PHYs, and Framers. He is a former Vice Chairman of the JEDEC Board of Directors where he worked on the development of DDR3 and FBDIMM specifications. His interest included machine learning, data analytics, and non-conventional computer architecture.
Top things you’ll learn from Trung Tran
- How to discover your personal sleep needs
- Advancements in technology that led to the current state of artificial intelligence
- Machine learning is basically just math and stats
- The next trend in AI is probabalistic computations
- Amplio builds custom recommendation system tailored to your personal lifestyle, biology, and needs
- A technology that augments your ability to listen to your body
- Integrates many different forms of self-quantification data for a holistic snapshot
- Self-quantification methods of the future
- Electrodermal analysis
- Real-time hormonal analysis
- We can rapidly change biomarkers with lifestyle
- Breathwork and HRV or SPO2
- The characteristics of elite performers
- Focus and visualization mastery
- Positive belief and habit reinforcement
- Minimize decision fatigue
- Emotional stability
- Food intolerance is wasted energy
- Building unnecessary white blood cells to combat intolerance
- How to become world-class
- Learn from your mentors
- Test ideas for yourself rather than blindly following them
- Harness your abilities and build powerful skills
- Find the interests that drive you most
- Accept the inevitability of trial-and-error
- Ask the right questions
This podcast is brought to you by
Nick Urban is a Biohacker, Data Scientist, Athlete, Founder of Outliyr, and the Host of the Mind Body Peak Performance Podcast. He is a Certified CHEK Practitioner, a Personal Trainer, and a Performance Health Coach. Nick is driven by curiosity which has led him to study ancient medical systems (Ayurveda, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Hermedic Principles, etc), and modern science.
Music by Luke Hall
Subscribe to MBPP!
What did you think about this episode? Drop a comment below or leave a review on Apple Music to let me know. I use your feedback to bring you the most helpful guests and content.