This week I brought Angela Mepham on the show to talk about atypical ways of increasing your energy levels. She shares practical tips from her personal journey; going from hospitalization to all-day energy.
Angela takes a counterintuitive approach. Before reaching for the coffee and energy-boosting supplements, she suggests conducting your own energy management audit. Find your leaks first.
Episode highlightsThe body is connected. Every system impacts the others Click To Tweet Energy is the fuel of excellence Click To Tweet Before we add boosters and fancy products, fix any energy drains Click To Tweet Emotions are like the fuel gauge of the human body. Ignore at your own peril Click To Tweet Trapped and suppressed emotion leads to inflammation in the corresponding part of the body Click To Tweet Mindset, thinking, and emotions are three of the most common things neglected in energy management Click To Tweet "When we've seen a bad movie, we never replay it. Yet we replay bad memories (and the associated energy drain) all the time" Click To Tweet
About Angela Mepham
Angela Mepham, an Energy Optimization Specialist, has spent over a decade researching how to cultivate energy to create a massive impact in people’s lives. From business to innovation, from relationships to wellbeing, Energy Fuels Excellence. Angela is a professional speaker, educator, coach and consultant, and the Founder of Whole Heart Being. She is also a voracious reader, part-time bibliotherapist, amateur fantasy baseball manager, and wildly passionate treasure hunter.
Top things you’ll learn from Angela Mepham
- Things Angela uses to boost her energy: B vitamins, fasting, caffeine, morning walk
- Digestion takes energy away from the brain
- Defining energy optimization, holistic health
- Optimize your joy by understanding how all the components of your health work together
- Self-experimentation is the best way to find out what works for YOU
- Innovation comes from taking risks and going against conventional wisdom
- We all know the basics like sleep, exercise, nutrition, but there are lots of others that we unintentionally ignore
- Deliberate breathing is an ultimate energy hack
- Our relationships, environment, passion, and purpose all affect our energy
- Some of the biggest energy drainers are simple fixes
- Thoughts & emotions
- Use systems and routines to beat decision fatigue
- Batch process to avoid the productivity cost of task switching
- Every electrical system has a bioenergetic field
- Breath by James Nestor [Amazon]
- Becoming Supernatural by Dr. Joe Dispenza [Amazon]
- Biology of Belief by Dr. Bruce Lipton [Amazon]
- Power vs Force by David Hawkins [Amazon]
- Louise Haye
- Andrew Huberman Podcast
- Tuning the Human Biofield by Eileen Day McKusick [Amazon]
- The Energy Codes by Dr. Sue Morter [Amazon]
- Flow by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi [Amazon]
- Buddhist teachings
- Vedic texts
- Wim Hof Breathwork to release emotional energy
- 90-Day Energy Program
Connect with Angela
This podcast is brought to you by
Nick Urban is a biohacker, data scientist, athlete, founder of Outliyr, and the host of the Mind Body Peak Performance Podcast. He is a certified CHEK Practitioner, a Certified Personal Trainer, and a Performance Health Coach. Nick is a student of ancient medical systems (Ayurveda, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Hermedic Medicine, etc), and modern science.
Music by Luke Hall
Subscribe to MBPP!
What did you think about this episode? Drop a comment below or leave a review on Apple Music to let me know. I use your feedback to bring you the most helpful guests and content.