My guests today had a personal journey that started with not feeling well. Red-light therapy made a difference. They began as customers and saw a need for community, knowledge and high-quality devices. From customers to entrepreneurs.
This chat is about practically using Red Light Therapy. These light scientists are up-to-date on the latest research and aren’t afraid to admit when the research so far is inconclusive.
Episode highlightsRecovery is a key ingredient to peak performance Click To TweetMitochondria is at the core of human health Click To TweetRed light therapy helps increase cellular energy, leading to: longer & better healthspan, biological wellbeing Click To TweetSoak cotton pads with green tea and apply to your face to get 6X the skin beautifying effects of red light therapy Click To TweetMethylene Blue can increase HRV by 10% Click To TweetOptimizing light color and intensity isn't enough if you're ignoring height of the light source Click To TweetThe best thing we can do is to mimic how we used to live hundreds of years ago Click To Tweet"Make it before you're 30 is outdated advice, due to enhancements in longevity many of us will live beyond 100" Click To TweetWhen your mitochondria are optimized, all processes within the body work better Click To Tweet
About Thomas & Babsi of Luminousred
Barbara Sekulovska, BA MSc is a researcher in the field of burnout and happiness. Thomas Lechner, MA MLL is a lighting expert. They both are currently PhD students that love to ask questions. Like how does light affect our bodies, minds and well-being? Or how can we use different techniques to deal with stress in various aspects of our everyday life? They are figuring out how to optimize and enhance how humans can perform. The outcome of this is Luminousred. They believe that Luminousred should be used to maximize your well-being, not later on, as to decrease complaints, hiccups or illness.
Top things you’ll learn from Team Luminousred
- Thomas & Babsi’s favorite biohacks
- Thomas makes mother’s milk yogurt for a special strain of bacteria
- What is photobiomodulation and Red Light Therapy
- Why indulge in red light (photobiomodulation)
- The relationship between light and seasonal affective disorder (SAD) AKA the winter blues
- Non-consumable long-term solution
- Takes just 10-15 minutes per day and can use it simultaneously while practicing other healthy habits
- Red light isn’t a substitute for natural light exposure
- According to Dr. Hamblin, the side effects of overexposure to red light are probably overstated
- Benefits of red light
- Faster recovery from workouts
- Accelerated wound healing
- Better sleep
- Greater energy
- Better mood
- Slowing age-related conditions
- Reduced inflammation
- Enhanced circulation
- Glowing and smooth skin
- Wrinkles reduction
- Two main routes in biohacking: interventions & adding performance enhancers
- Why I purchased from Luminousred (see my review)
- Flicker common to fluorescent lights, most LEDs, and red light panels can cause biological stress, irritation, anxiety and other conditions
- Minimizes EMF and light flicker. Only their panels can use all LEDs for either red or infrared
- Clinical wavelengths (660nm and 850nm), light emitted with optimal beam angle
- Unique red light therapy research database
- Anyone curious, from customers to researchers, is welcome in the Luminousred community
- RLT for CEOS:
- How to enter the flow state easier
- Improves mental energy reserves
- RLT for athletes:
- Pre-workout for energy & injury prevention
- Post-workout to increase circulation and enhance recovery.
- Useful for hormones and immune system
- Focusing on recovery can help you stay performing at your peak and avoid debilitating injury
- Dr. Hemblin uses NIR on his head before sleep
- Hacks to get more out of red light therapy
- Prevent side effects with hydration and MCT oil
- Cold therapy helps light penetrate more deeply
- Methylene Blue 40-80 minutes before sessions
- How to optimize your light exposure
- How to find and remove “junk light” from your house
- How late at night can you use red light therapy?
Connect with Luminousred
This podcast is brought to you by
Nick Urban is a Biohacker, Data Scientist, Athlete, Founder of Outliyr, and the Host of the Mind Body Peak Performance Podcast. He is a Certified CHEK Practitioner, a Personal Trainer, and a Performance Health Coach. Nick is driven by curiosity which has led him to study ancient medical systems (Ayurveda, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Hermetic Principles, etc), and modern science.
Music by Luke Hall
Subscribe to MBPP!
What did you think about this episode? Drop a comment below or leave a review on Apple Music to let me know. I use your feedback to bring you the most helpful guests and content.