Interested in longevity and “anti-aging”? Or increasing your healthspan so that you can make a bigger difference? This is part one of an exploration into the new science of longevity and optimal living.
We discuss the primary tenants of aging and our guest’s approach to targeting each.
Lack of sleep is a failure of your circadian rhythms Click To TweetSirtuins power your circadian rhythm and they require NAD to function Click To TweetMicro-dosing an array of longevity agents creates a powerful and safe synergy Click To TweetMitochondrial concentration explains why certain organs and systems usually fail first with age Click To TweetAdjuvants, not necessarily supplements, should be cycled Click To Tweet
Podcast Sponsor Banner
About Dr. Sandra Kaufmann
Dr. Sandra Kaufmann began her academic career in the field of cellular biology, earning a Master’s Degree from the University of Connecticut in Tropical Ecology and Plant Physiology. Turning to medicine, she received her medical degree at the University of Maryland and completed a residency and fellowship at Johns Hopkins University. Presently, she is the Regional Medical Director of Pediatric Anesthesia of South Florida for Envision Health Care and the Chief of Pediatric Anesthesia at the Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital.
In the realm of Longevity, Dr. Sandra Kaufmann is the author and creator of the Kaufmann Protocol, a systematic explanation of why we age on a cellular basis coupled with an organized system to delay the aging process. This theory was introduced in the book, The Kaufmann Protocol: Why We Age and How to Stop it, which has been recognized by many longevity leaders as the go-to tome for understanding the aging process. More recently she wrote, The Kaufmann Protocol: Aging Solutions. Sandy is well respected in the longevity community for presenting viable and scientifically based aging solutions that are available to everyone. She appears on weekly podcasts around the world, sits on longevity boards, and has spoken at innumerable health and biohacking seminars.
Top things you’ll learn from Dr. Kaufmann
- Katalyst.Fit EMS system workout
- Dr. Kaufmann’s background
- Longevity science changes since her 2018 book
- Why seven tenants of aging?
- Sandra Kaufmann’s seven tenants of aging
- Aging tenant #1: DNA alterations over time
- Aging tenant #2: energy source for cells
- Aging tenant #3: primary longevity pathways
- AMPK, mTOR, sirtuins
- Aging tenant #4: quality control
- Aging tenant #5: inflammation control
- Aging tenant #6: individual cell requirements
- Aging tenant #7: waste management
- Dr. Kaufmann’s longevity agent rating system
- How to activate SIRT3
- Honokiol from magnolia bark
- Why certain bodily systems usually fail first with age
- Circadian rhythm determines sleep ability
- Sirtuins drive circadian rhythms
- Two proteins drive sleep
- Two proteins drive wakefulness
- NAD is the fuel required for sirtuins to work
- Kaufmann seven-step protocol to mitigate blood glucose spikes & AGEs
- Glucose sticks to three particular amino acids
- Lysine, arginine, cysteine
- Exogenous lactoferrin can shutdown inflammation
- How to quantify the effects of her blood sugar protocol
- Mitigating oxidized (inflammatory) PUFAs and fats
- Astaxanthin and delphinidin as powerful free radical scavengers
- Evaluating the long-term safety of longevity supplements
- Dr. Kaufmann micro-doses 72+ longevity ingredients
- Does she cycle her longevity supplements?
- Crucial distinction between adjuvants and supplements
- How to manage a huge stack of longevity products
- Benefits of micro-dosing anti-aging compounds
- Gear: Katalyst EMS Suit
- Supplements: Astaxanthin
- Supplements: Magnolia Bark Extract
- Book (#1): The Kaufmann Protocol: Why we Age and How to Stop it
- Book (#2): The Kaufmann Protocol: Aging Solutions
Connect with Dr. Kaufmann
This Podcast Is Brought to You By
Nick Urban is a Biohacker, Data Scientist, Athlete, Founder of Outliyr, and the Host of the Mind Body Peak Performance Podcast. He is a Certified CHEK Practitioner, a Personal Trainer, and a Performance Health Coach. Nick is driven by curiosity which has led him to study ancient medical systems (Ayurveda, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Hermetic Principles, etc), and modern science.
Music by Luke Hall
Subscribe to MBPP!
What did you think about this episode? Drop a comment below or leave a review on Apple Music to let me know. I use your feedback to bring you the most helpful guests and content.