Any talk of vitamins and minerals made my eyes gloss over until I read Carolyn Dean’s book The Magnesium Miracle.
This one single mineral played a role in virtually every health condition. The most prevalent deficiency that flies under the radar.
This episode shines much-needed light on the science, uses, and benefits of magnesium.
It takes 54 molecules of magnesium to process just ONE molecule of sugar Click To TweetMagnesium is one of the first things administered in the ER to folks that have suffered a heart attack Click To TweetCentenarians, those living past 100, on average have higher magnesium levels Click To TweetUp to 85% of doctors visits can be attributed to magnesium deficiency Click To Tweet
Podcast Sponsor Banner
Natalie Jurado is the founder of Rooted In, a line of therapeutic magnesium-infused moisturizers that actively calm and relaxes your mood. She is a sought-after thought leader, educator and speaker and has worked at the forefront of the wellness industry for over 8 years. She’s considered an expert in all things magnesium and her mission is to spread awareness of this powerful mineral to all who struggle to live their most vibrant lives.
Top things you’ll learn from Natalie
- The critical magnesium-to-calcium ratio
- Co-factors required to process dietary supplements
- Different forms of magnesium have different benefits and use cases
- Malate for energy
- Citrate for stress reduction
- Glycinate for sleep
- Chloride & Sulfate for instant relaxation
- Factors that contribute to widespread deficiency
- Nutrient-depleted soils
- Inaccurate labels
- Why serum magnesium blood testing is virtually useless
- RBC magnesium or HTMA tests instead
- RDA “recommended intake” barely staves off disease. Optimal intake is at least double.
- The $1 at-home test that may change your life
- No one single form works best for everyone. But one form will work great for you
- Verifying any product that touches your body via the EWG app
- Whether or not elemental magnesium matters
- Dozens of health benefits of supplementing magnesium
- Reduces inflammation
- Reduces lactate buildup in muscles
- Reduces post-exercise soreness (DOMS)
- Improves sleep
- Alleviates nervousness
- Lessens muscle spasms and cramps
- Relieves headaches and migraines
- Calms restless legs
- Activates the parasympathetic nervous system
- Binds to GABA receptors (helping quiet the brain)
- Lowers cortisol levels
- Naturally boosts mood
- Blunts cravings and overeating
- Enhances communication between regions of the brain and prevents toxicity
- Keeps levels of the antioxidant glutathione high
- Improves cardiovascular health
- Natural calcium channel blocker helps mitigate damage from non-native EMF
- Book: The Magnesium Miracle
- App: EWG Think Dirty for personal care and cleaning products
Connect with Natalie
This podcast is brought to you by
Nick Urban is a Biohacker, Data Scientist, Athlete, Founder of Outliyr, and the Host of the Mind Body Peak Performance Podcast. He is a Certified CHEK Practitioner, a Personal Trainer, and a Performance Health Coach. Nick is driven by curiosity which has led him to study ancient medical systems (Ayurveda, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Hermetic Principles, etc), and modern science.
Music by Luke Hall
Subscribe to MBPP!
What did you think about this episode? Drop a comment below or leave a review on Apple Music to let me know. I use your feedback to bring you the most helpful guests and content.