In this episode, Erik and I tackle ways to get more out of your supplements. Why products derived from whole foods virtually always beat synthetic isolates. From omega-3 rich fish oils, to cutting-edge nootropic peptides. He also shares his research into the importance of buying supplements from the right source, and the dangers of “outsmarting” nature.
Episode highlightsBy the time you're taking fish oil capsules, the fragile oil has already: sat for long periods of time, been exposed to harsh temperatures, and become oxidized. Click To Tweet Removing organs and bodily systems is gambling that we understand the full picture of the body better than evolution. Click To Tweet Nutrients coming from whole foods are best absorbed. Vitamin C isn't just ascorbic acid. Sunlight isn't just vitamin D. Raw turmeric isn't just curcumin. Click To Tweet Amazon is not a marketplace for supplements. Click To Tweet
About Erik Levi
Erik Levi is a co-founder of HolisticNootropics.com and a certified holistic nutritional therapy practitioner. As an NTP Erik takes a nutrition-first approach to health. He has worked with many different people to help them use nutrition to optimize their quality of life. Erik is also a nootropics enthusiast and actively seeks new cognitive-enhancing technologies.
Top things you’ll learn from Erik
- Erik’s favorite nootropics
- Why he makes his own tinctures
- The advantages of whole food ingredients over synthetic isolates
- A basic product that amplifies the effects of cognitive boosting supplements
- Hacks to mitigate damages of eating a carb-heavy meal
- How and where to buy supplements (and why Amazon isn’t a good option)
- Fish oil is rarely what it seems
- The gear he uses to track biometrics
- Erik’s current cognitive-enhancing technologies
- When high-cortisol levels are a good thing
- The wide-ranging impact of hormones
- Natural nootropic supplements
- Trace minerals
- Lions mane (use code URBAN to save 10%)
- Cordyceps (use code URBAN to save 10%)
- Essential amino acids
- Blood sugar management supplements
This podcast is brought to you by
Nick Urban is a Biohacker, Data Scientist, Athlete, Founder of Outliyr, and the Host of the Mind Body Peak Performance Podcast. He is a Certified CHEK Practitioner, a Personal Trainer, and a Performance Health Coach. Nick is driven by curiosity which has led him to study ancient medical systems (Ayurveda, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Hermedic Principles, etc), and modern science.
Music by Luke Hall
Subscribe to MBPP!
What did you think about this episode? Drop a comment below or leave a review on Apple Music to let me know. I use your feedback to bring you the most helpful guests and content.