We’re exposed to thousands of hardly-regulated chemicals on a daily basis. The result isn’t a “someday” problem. From newborn to pregnant mother and everyone in between.
Ashley walked me through the sources of toxins in my daily schedule and the biggest things I can do to detox without any trendy protocols.
About Ashley Peeler
Ashley Peeler is a wellness coach that specializes in Pre/Post Natal Corrective Exercise & Toxic Exposure. She got her start when working in Europe lobbying for safe chemicals. After protecting EU citizens, she returned to the US where she discovered radical differences. Rather than overhauling her clients’ lifestyles, Ashley helps them get healthy with small lifestyle tweaks.
Top things you’ll learn from Ashley
- What is the endocrine system & how detox works
- Where toxins come from today
- Easy and effective ways to detox
- Coaching through the potentially harmful parts of my daily routine
- How dangerous chemicals get approved in the first place
- The Trojan Horse word that allows hundreds of undisclosed chemicals into consumer products
- The dark side of non-stick appliances
- Link between toxins and autoimmunity
- Absorption isn’t just through the mouth
- Why Californians pay more taxes
- How the cognitive disruption from electrosmog causes insomnia & anxiety
- Tips to improve your sleep
- Technology creates new forms of anxiety
- The ways chemical exposure dramatically affects mothers & children
- 3 most important and practical detox tips
- Are plant estrogens harmful?
- Ashley’s top resources
Dark Waters – a documentary on the dangers of Teflon
Think Dirty App – use to find the toxic products you’re using
The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran [Amazon] – book recommendation
Atomic Habits by James Clear [Amazon] –book recommendation
Your Erroneous Zones by Dr. Wayne Dyer [Amazon] –book recommendation
Detox Your Life Masterclass – Ashley’s course on identifying and eliminating common sources of toxic overload
Connect with Ashley Peeler
This podcast is brought to you by
Nick Urban is a biohacker, data scientist, athlete, founder of Outliyr, and the host of the Mind Body Peak Performance Podcast. He is a certified CHEK Practitioner, a Certified Personal Trainer, and a Performance Health Coach. Nick is a student of ancient medical systems (Ayurveda, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Hermedic Principles, etc), and modern science.
Music by Luke Hall
Subscribe to MBPP!
What did you think about this episode? Drop a comment below or leave a review on Apple Music to let me know. I use your feedback to bring you the most helpful guests and content.