Most folks in medicine focus on the current paradigm. Some venture off and learn the cutting edge. Others study the time-tested paradigms. Few do them all. Our guest this week is the rare exception.
Provide necessary nutrients first and brain enhancers will work far better
Learn different systems to gain breadth & depth of bioharmonic understanding
Cutting-edge health and ancient Ayurvedic wisdom both prioritize gut/microbiome medicine
How to evaluate nootropics through multiple lenses
Under-rated peptides and supplements
Podcast Sponsor Banner
About Awais Spall
Awais Spall FDN is a Functional Medicine practitioner based out of Santa Monica, CA. Prior to becoming a health practitioner, Awais worked as a formulation chemist for various cannabis companies. As a product formulator, Awais combined his knowledge of formulation chemistry with his background in Ayurvedic Herbalism. Awais has inherited much of his knowledge around Ayurveda from his grandfather, who was a renowned herbalist in Pakistan.
Awais eventually left the formulation world to pursue his deeper calling in life as an alchemist of the healing arts. In his practice, at Integrative Oasis- Awais combines the cutting-edge science of Functional Medicine with Ayurveda to address various gut health issues. His practice integrates peptide medicine, bio-regulators, exosomes ozone therapy, plant medicines, among various biohacking technologies. Through his growing practice and participation in research collectives, he has found that the most profound and transformative healing is possible at the intersection of cutting-edge science and ancient wisdom.
Top things you’ll learn from Awais Spall
- Antibiotics & pharmaceuticals can be useful for rebalancing the gut
- Awais’s morning routine includes sun gazing
- Biohacking meditation with guided meditation and adding tech like NuCalm
- His background
- Few people can truly view through multiple lenses
- What is “true” integrative medicine
- Ayurveda overview
- Three doshas and optimizing your life to your constitution
- Vitalism and constitutionalism and metabolic typing
- Other key Ayurveda principles
- Living seasonally
- Agni “digestive fire” and microbiome
- Mind, body, spirit (Dharma)
- Why focus on Microbiome medicine
- Organ transplant recipients take on donor characteristics
- Can disrupting the gut Microbiome change your personality and who you are?
- Fungus and Candida can mutate to resist any substance within 21 days
- Optimizing the brain with modern nootropics like Nootopia
- Tips to get the greatest effects out of your nootropics
- Awais Spall’s favorite nootropics
- Nootropic peptides
- Sometimes the best cognitive enhancers are the full-body optimizers
- Cerebrolysin, P21, Dihexa
- Can nootropics rewire negative experiences faster and deeper via neurogenesis and synaptogenesis?
- Actoprotectants are synthetic adaptogens
- His opinion on the popular racetam class of nootropics
- Indirect versus direct nootropics
- Potential future President Awais would subsidize these top supplements
- KPV, BPC157, TB4 are almost universally beneficial peptides
- Low-dose naltrexone (LDN) + CBD is a synergistic therapy
- Peptide info & resources
- Benefits of Thymalin & TA-1
- CHK-Cu copper peptide uses and benefits
- Medical frontier Awais is currently researching
- Teacher: Chris Kresser
- Podcast: Biohacking Superhuman Performance
- Wearable Patch: NuCalm (save 10% with code NU10-OFF)
- Supplement: Nootopia (save 10% with code URBAN)
Connect with Integrative Oasis
This Podcast Is Brought to You By
Nick Urban is a Biohacker, Data Scientist, Athlete, Founder of Outliyr, and the Host of the Mind Body Peak Performance Podcast. He is a Certified CHEK Practitioner, a Personal Trainer, and a Performance Health Coach. Nick is driven by curiosity which has led him to study ancient medical systems (Ayurveda, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Hermetic Principles, etc), and modern science.
Music by Luke Hall
Subscribe to MBPP!
What did you think about this episode? Drop a comment below or leave a review on Apple Music to let me know. I use your feedback to bring you the most helpful guests and content.