Properly used essential oils can powerfully rebalance your body and mind. Just getting a basic understanding is half the battle. Which oils are best, how much should you use, how often, etc.
Podcast Sponsor Banner
Jodi Cohen is a bestselling author, award-winning journalist, and founder of Vibrant Blue Oils, a top resource for essential oils online.
After personally experiencing the profound physical and mental benefits of essential oils in addressing her own anxiety, insomnia, and autoimmunity, Jodi wanted to know why. She holds certifications in nutritional therapy, functional neurology, herbalism, and aromatherapy, along with multiple continuing education courses in plant medicine, brain health, Chinese medicine, and herbalism.
Jodi has worked closely with healthcare practitioners, including MDs, NDs, nurse practitioners, chiropractors, acupuncturists, health coaches, nutritionists and yoga instructors, to implement the most effective essential oil protocols in clinical practice to support underlying imbalances that often lead to disease, including sleep, stress, digestion, inflammation, detoxification, and blood-sugar imbalances.
Top things you’ll learn from Jodi Cohen
- Five keys to optimal health
- Most modern medicine is derived from plants
- Three effective ways to use essential oils
- The best way to impact the brain & cognition
- Topical oils activate acupressure points
- Preventing and undoing accidental essential oil burn
- How essential oils impact the nervous system
- Ways to activate the vagus nerve to enter the parasympathetic state
- Nervous system switching explains confusing contradictions
- Why essential oil blends work better than single oils
- How to determine your best essential oil blend
- Essential oils improve and rebalance hormones
- Lymphatic drainage and health benefits
- Vasodilatory oils
- The best essential oil blends for sports and athletic performance
- Lemon, lime, and citrus oils
- The story behind the “Thieves” essential oil blend
- How to know the best way to administer essential oils
- Important nuances that change the impact of oils
- Biohacks to get more out of your essential oils
- Power of a good anti-inflammatory oil blend
- How to make your own therapeutic essential oil blend
- Jodi's favorite 5 essential oil
- Gear: Parasympathetic Oil Blend (use code URBAN to save $10)
Connect with Jodi
This podcast is brought to you by
Nick Urban is a Biohacker, Data Scientist, Athlete, Founder of Outliyr, and the Host of the Mind Body Peak Performance Podcast. He is a Certified CHEK Practitioner, a Personal Trainer, and a Performance Health Coach. Nick is driven by curiosity which has led him to study ancient medical systems (Ayurveda, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Hermedic Principles, etc), and modern science.
Music by Luke Hall
Subscribe to MBPP!
What did you think about this episode? Drop a comment below or leave a review on Apple Music to let me know. I use your feedback to bring you the most helpful guests and content.