In my quest to find awesome alcohol alternatives that still make you feel great, I came across an ancient elixir called kava. I tried a cheap kava kava supplement and was unimpressed.
A while later, I tried real kava. And in comparison, it knocked my socks off. So I brought on an expert to explain the difference, the science of kava, and what makes this such a prized plant.
Nature operates in cycles and pulses, so humans respond fantastically to variation Click To Tweet
Kava actively improves your biology, feels great, and can even help people come off dangerous medications by restoring optimal neurotransmitter (especially GABA) function Click To Tweet
Full-spectrum botanicals contain other constituents that increase the effects, half-life, and mitigate side effects (isolates do not) Click To Tweet
Kava increases mental clarity, confers longevity benefits, acts as a potent anti-inflammatory, protects the metabolism (and brain post-TBI), activates the body’s NRF2 antioxidant defense system, lifts mood, can accelerate weight loss, and makes… Click To Tweet
Podcast Sponsor Banner
About Cameron George
Cameron George is a researcher, writer, entrepreneur, and the founder of TRU KAVA, a company that is striving to set the industry standard for quality, safety, and education around all psychedelic plants including kava. Since discovering the amazing effects of traditional Kava during his own chronic illness, Cameron spent years investigating Kava and has collaborated with many of the most prominent experts in the world within the fields of Kava research and historical Kava use.
TRU KAVA is focused on developing scalable user-friendly products that deliver the full therapeutic action of the traditional kava drink, which is the only form that has been highly prized in the South Pacific Islands for over 3000 years. Cameron has spent years working within a network of functional medicine physicians with whom he has been involved in clinical research and protocol development for Neurodegenerative and trauma-related conditions.
Top things you’ll learn from Cameron George
- Nature operates in cycles
- Simple definition of aging
- Health and social benefits of Kava
- Kava vs alcohol
- What is kava
- Quality kava vs toxic kava
- Full-spectrum always works better than isolates
- Kavalactones are some of the main constituents
- Why most medication causes side effects
- The primary benefits of kava
- Psychedelic effects of kava
- The 18 known kavalactones
- How the other active ingredients boost the effects of kava
- Type of kava that's most cerebral
- The endocannabinoid system (ECS) and kava
- Kava's effect on neurotransmitters
- Natural vs synthetic GABA activators
- How kava's reverse tolerance works
- Other plant medicines
- Kava blocks cellular calcium and sodium channels
- Potent anti-inflammatory action by blocking COX2
- Activates NRF2 antioxidant defense system
- Kava's metabolic protection
- How kava activates AMPK and confers longevity benefits
- Using kava for weight loss and to enter ketosis
- Kava and TBI
- Vagus nerve, kava, and nervous system regulation
- Tips to boost the effects of kava
- Side effects of kava
- TRU KAVA Mind nootropic product
- Other powerful plant medicines
- Future of kava and how it'll shape modern society
- Drink: TRU KAVA adaptogenic plant elixir (use code URBAN to save 10%)
- Drink: KAVAPLEX MIND nootropic (use code URBAN to save 10%)
- Teacher: Terance McKenna
- Teacher: Alan Watts
- Teacher: Carl Jung
- Teacher: Rudolph Steiner
- Teacher: Viktor Schauberger
Connect with Cameron George
This podcast is brought to you by
Nick Urban is a Biohacker, Data Scientist, Athlete, Founder of Outliyr, and the Host of the Mind Body Peak Performance Podcast. He is a Certified CHEK Practitioner, a Personal Trainer, and a Performance Health Coach. Nick is driven by curiosity which has led him to study ancient medical systems (Ayurveda, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Hermedic Principles, etc), and modern science.
Music by Luke Hall
Subscribe to MBPP!
What did you think about this episode? Drop a comment below or leave a review on Apple Music to let me know. I use your feedback to bring you the most helpful guests and content.