Your repeated thoughts turn into beliefs. Repeated beliefs into stories. Stories into words and actions. Ultimately shaping who you become and where your life goes.
A little attention to our thoughts, words, and stories can radically change our reality. This process can be quick and has long-lasting benefits
Podcast Sponsor Banner
About Mark England
Mark England is a TEDx speaker and co-founder and head coach of Enlifted. He has been researching, presenting, and coaching on the power of words and stories for the past 15 years. Mark holds a Masters degree in education and was an elementary school P.E. teacher before getting into personal development.
Top things you’ll learn from Mark England
- Little known definition of ABRACADABRA
- What is language
- The victim mentality
- Big overwhelming problems can have simple elegant solutions
- Power of our thoughts and stories to create our reality
- How to counter and stories of limitation and mindset
- The dynamic, fluid, evolving nature of personal identity
- Four ways language influences your identity
- These four patterns script 85% of problematic self-stories
- What is conflict language
- Keywords of negation (ineffective communication strategy)
- Breaking harmful language “spells”
- Keywords of affirmation (effective communication strategy)
- Projections are the hardest to correct
- Amygdala hijack explained
- Keywords of projection (ineffective communication strategy)
- Projection provides short-term pain relief and long-term helplessness
- Your own thoughts disrespect you more than anyone
- Start improving your language by eliminating Soft Talk
- How to double your confidence in 3 months, guaranteed
- Keywords of Soft Talk (ineffective communication strategy)
- Using Soft Talk to avoid hurting feelings
- Your own comfort speaking directly impacts others
- The undeniable power of intentional breathing
- Context collapse and the invention of emojis
- Two powerful tips to become a better speaker and storyteller
- Binary language and the Reticular Activating System (RAS)
- Benefits of slow reading
- Quality of story determines your quality of life
Connect with Mark England
This podcast is brought to you by
Nick Urban is a Biohacker, Data Scientist, Athlete, Founder of Outliyr, and the Host of the Mind Body Peak Performance Podcast. He is a Certified CHEK Practitioner, a Personal Trainer, and a Performance Health Coach. Nick is driven by curiosity which has led him to study ancient medical systems (Ayurveda, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Hermetic Principles, etc), and modern science.
Music by Luke Hall
Subscribe to MBPP!
What did you think about this episode? Drop a comment below or leave a review on Apple Music to let me know. I use your feedback to bring you the most helpful guests and content.