Clean eating can take time, money, and bore your tastebuds. Luckily, there’s a better way. In this chat with Asher Cowan, we discuss the art of food preparation; easy swaps to make junk food healthy and tasty; the discrepancy between science showing health benefits of seed oil and the actual results; and some ancestral food tips.
Seed oils can be healthy if the manufacturer took extra precautions to cold process them (never exposing them to ANY heat), and avoided adding harsh chemicals Click To TweetAdditives and food chemicals lead to intolerances Click To TweetFollow the ancestral wisdom of ideal food processing Click To Tweet
Podcast Sponsor Banner
Asher grew up in New Hampshire, and played a lot of sports in his youth. He played basketball at Clark University where he studied Economics and Entrepreneurship. After college, he worked as a consultant and financial analyst but quickly became disillusioned with living the “corporate” life. He decided to combine two passions of his, health food and entrepreneurship, and co-found Dr. Cowan’s Garden. They started by launching a line of vegetable powders, before expanding into kitchen staples, like grains and legumes, sprouted nuts and nut butters, sprouted granolas, cold-pressed seed oils, packaged meat, and ghee.
Top things you’ll learn from Asher Cowan
- GOATA workout program
- Produce vs carnivore
- Best kinds of ghee
- How to use vegetable powders properly
- What is Dr. Cowan’s Garden
- Nutrition tips for kids, families, and picky eaters
- How to start eating healthy
- Hacks to make unhealthy food nutritious and delicious
- How to evaluate and buy healthy foods
- Properly processing grains, nuts, and seeds
- Dangers of raw kale
- Grocery shopping tips
- Glyphosate, roundup, and disease
- Save time and money by bulk meal prepping
- Link between gluten intolerance and glyphosate
- Food allergies vs intolerances
- Why food intolerances are so hard to identify
- What makes the seed oils from Dr. Cowan’s Garden healthy
- The dish many cultures around the world ate
- Asher Cowan’s top teachers and books
- How to avoid misinformation
Connect with Dr. Cowan’s Garden
This Podcast Is Brought to You By
Nick Urban is a Biohacker, Data Scientist, Athlete, Founder of Outliyr, and the Host of the Mind Body Peak Performance Podcast. He is a Certified CHEK Practitioner, a Personal Trainer, and a Performance Health Coach. Nick is driven by curiosity which has led him to study ancient medical systems (Ayurveda, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Hermetic Principles, etc), and modern science.
Music by Luke Hall
Subscribe to MBPP!
What did you think about this episode? Drop a comment below or leave a review on Apple Music to let me know. I use your feedback to bring you the most helpful guests and content.