While generic fitness programs can work, the world’s greatest personal trainers approach transforming your body differently.
In this interview, our guest shares often-overlooked facets and principles of physical human performance.
"Inflammation in the organs downregulates our ability to stabilize our spine" Click To Tweet"Breathing pattern is among the first things any personal trainer should assess" Click To Tweet"The more intelligent the nervous system, the more intelligent the entire body" Click To TweetAny personal trainer can kick your butt, but getting you long-term POWERFUL results comes from building fundamentals Click To Tweet
Podcast Sponsor Banner
Mike Salemi specializes in human performance and is a sought-after international presenter in the field of health and fitness. Mike has a diverse background in strength and conditioning and has competed over the course of 15+ years at an elite level in Powerlifting and Kettlebell Sport.
Through his own path of resolving sport-related injuries, Mike understands the importance of integrating the body, mind, and spirit as a means to foster high performance for the long term. His motivation is to help athletes, fitness professionals, and coaches discover their own potential from the inside out.
Professionally, Mike has served as a Division 1 strength and conditioning coach for Santa Clara University, as well as been the trainer to elite athletes across a wide range of sports. His focus is teaching educational workshops, certifications, and creating programs on unconventional training that build more balanced athletes.
Top things you’ll learn from Mike Salemi
- Optimal nutrition while traveling
- Fasting if quality food isn’t available
- Benefits of training with a Bulgarian bag
- Healthy humans must train three planes of movement
- The seven vital primal movement patterns
- Incorporating primal patterns into a training program
- Key consideration most personal trainers overlook
- Understanding holistic training
- How to make any fitness program easier or harder
- Factors that influence your physical performance
- Advanced personal trainers immediately check breathing patterns
- Other training considerations for optimal results
- Link between nervous system function and peak performance
- Multiple biomotor abilities make unstable training so effective
- Tools and strategies to maximize exercise results
- The art and science of “Working In”
- Why kettlebells and Bulgarian bags are so powerful
- Dangers of following the wrong/incomplete fitness information
- What proper training should feel like and accomplish
- Mike Salemi’s fitness programs
Connect with Mike
This Podcast Is Brought to You By
Nick Urban is a Biohacker, Data Scientist, Athlete, Founder of Outliyr, and the Host of the Mind Body Peak Performance Podcast. He is a Certified CHEK Practitioner, a Personal Trainer, and a Performance Health Coach. Nick is driven by curiosity which has led him to study ancient medical systems (Ayurveda, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Hermetic Principles, German New Medicine, etc), and modern science.
Music by Luke Hall
Subscribe to MBPP!
What did you think about this episode? Drop a comment below or leave a review on Apple Music to let me know. I use your feedback to bring you the most helpful guests and content.