Holistic health is about viewing biology and life through the lens of interconnectedness.
In this wide-ranging conversation, we discuss a light technology that leads to out of body experiences, reprogramming the subconscious mind, ancestral practices warranting a spot in every health routine, the necessity of contrast (yin and yang), the power of stillness and quiet for productivity and effectiveness, responsibly using technology, and much more.
Episode highlightsWhen your brain is in the early morning/late night alpha state, information more readily bypasses rational filters and embeds into your subconscious. Curate your information intake carefully. Click To Tweet When we slow down, things that need to be addressed can come up Click To Tweet We are a system of systems, interconnected and dynamically changing all the time Click To Tweet Never let the thinking mind make the final choice Click To Tweet Enjoy the ride of evolving with the people you get to help Click To Tweet Any tool can be used to hit yourself in the head or to make a masterpiece Click To Tweet "Choice is standing in your own power and sovereignty and realizing what is good for me" Click To Tweet
Podcast Sponsor Banner
About Harrison Meagher
Chek-certified holistic health coach Harrison Meagher is also a heart-centered Personal Trainer from Australia. For much of his life, Harrison sought external love (alcohol, women, drugs, travel) due to an inability to find it in himself. He overcame imprisonment and deportation by focusing on deep self-love. Now he’s committed to creating calming space & being that external love for others. So they can find their own compassionate healing during their unique & beautiful journey.
Harrison's passionate about helping those who hate looking in the mirror but can’t find the energy, confidence, or time to do anything about it; reclaiming the holistically healthy body & boundless self-love they deserve. His approach consists of Holistic/Wholesome, Functional, and Ancestral view to get to the root problem (using mindset, movement, nutrition, sleep, recovery, stress management).
Top things you’ll learn from Harrison
- Morning rituals: cold showers, Tibetan rites, speaking on Clubhouse social media platform, meditation to connect to deep love
- Pillars of performance: mindset, movement, nutrition, sleep, recovery, stress management
- Why Harrison always gets bare skin into sunlight
- Building solar calluses: working indoors all day leads to worse sunburns than outdoors workers
- Biohacking is about living ancestrally and capitalizing on modern technology
- Connecting with the native EMF of Earth is an incredible anti-inflammatory
- Nature quiets the thinking mind
- Can you “waste” nature exposure?
- Yin yoga, or holding long poses, as meditative release stress
- The power of contrast in life (yin and yang)
- Self-reflection to determine purpose of charging hard
- Balancing knowledge acquisition and implementation
- Integrating your new knowledge is hard work but improves the lives of others
- Are you a parrot or sharing your unique new perspective?
- When technology becomes an addiction
- We always have personal power and choice whether or not we see it
- To be a pioneer you must keep going against the criticism, denial, and
- Traditional news impacts physical, psychological, and mental impacts on your wellbeing. You can stop watching without missing out on the latest updates
- News is another type of food that we're taking in. Like food, it's not only energy but information
- Emotions create a specific energy that pulls in like
Books, Videos, & Information
- Tibetan Rites by Peter Kelder [Amazon]
- Boundless by Ben Greenfield [Amazon]
- Quantum Mind Movies [YouTube]
Technology & Gear
- Lucia Light
- Apollo Neuro (see my Apollo review here and use code URBAN to save)
- Garmin Fenix
- NutriSense CGM (see my review here)
Connect with Harrison Meagher
This podcast is brought to you by
Nick Urban is a Biohacker, Data Scientist, Athlete, Founder of Outliyr, and the Host of the Mind Body Peak Performance Podcast. He is a Certified CHEK Practitioner, a Personal Trainer, and a Performance Health Coach. Nick is driven by curiosity which has led him to study ancient medical systems (Ayurveda, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Hermedic Principles, etc), and modern science.
Music by Luke Hall
Subscribe to MBPP!
What did you think about this episode? Drop a comment below or leave a review on Apple Music to let me know. I use your feedback to bring you the most helpful guests and content.