Competitive athletes know about supplements and tools to increase their athleticism.
In this one, we talked about the other end of the spectrum. Using nootropic supplements and cognitive enhancers to live with ease, effectiveness, efficiency, and joy.
When you improve your brain, you improve your life.
Episode highlightsFocus on optimizing the brain because it influences all aspects of your life Click To Tweet "If your brain functions well, you can figure out problems with your body but not vice-versa" Click To Tweet Set intentions for the day and your subconscious starts solving the task in the background Click To Tweet Nootropics are rocket fuel to a healthy lifestyle Click To Tweet Get your lifestyle right and you won't need nootropics Click To Tweet Omega-3 is one of the must-use brain supplements Click To Tweet Nail your diet, sleep, and stress management and you'll reach the top 1 percent of peak performers Click To Tweet
Podcast Sponsor Banner
Greg Gostincar is a certified brain health professional and the creator of Your Inception. Greg, MSc, has finished multiple trainings and education in nutrition, brain science, sleep improvement, supplement development, biology, speed reading, memory improvement, and biochemistry. He is also a certified expert on Brain Biohacking from Emory University & Amen Clinic. He shares science-based brainhacks that will help you optimize your brain and mental performance. He is an active contributor in the personal development industry and consults with multiple companies, market leaders, and start-ups.
Top things you’ll learn from Greg Gostincar
- 5 second rule to beat procrastination
- Interested in brain because of poor memory, issues with focus, constantly sick, no energy, no motivation, and constantly visiting doctors
- Started with anti-candida diet to boost immune system
- How to enter the flow state on command
- Declare reasonably sized outcomes for the day
- 20 minute power nap is optimal
- What are nootropics
- Adaptogens can help even if your lifestyle isn’t optimal
- What are the different classes of nootropics
- Greg is building a database (84 so far) of the best nootropics for every desired effect
- Bacopa can reduce motivation
- Panax ginseng improves mood
- 100mg caffeine and 200mg l-theanine is the original nootropic stack
- L-Theanine increases high-performance alpha brainwaves
- Omega-3 supplements
- One of the first things recommended to ADD and depressed clients is omega-3 oils
- Does liquid fish oil oxidize faster?
- How Greg quantifies the effects of biohacks and nootropics
- The framework he uses to evaluate new nootropic products and ingredients
- Why Greg reads user reports and ancedotes after testing new compounds
- Red LEDs in wearables more accurate for measuring biometrics. Few gadgets use it.
- Health optimizers can get caught up in 2-hour plus morning routines. Perform a self-audit to cut back on the non-essentials
- Greg’s favorite nootropics
- Rhodiola Rosea
- Bacopa Monnieri
- Lion’s mane mushroom
- Panax ginseng
Books, Information, & Resources
Tools, Gadgets & Technology
- Brain.FM focus music
- Pzizz sleep tracks
- Theacrine safe and non-addictive caffeine alternative
- Dual N-Back memory testing game
- Muse neurofeedback to upgrade meditations
- Sensate vagus nerve stimulator
Connect with Guest
This podcast is brought to you by
Nick Urban is a biohacker, data scientist, athlete, founder of Outliyr, and the host of the Mind Body Peak Performance Podcast. He is a certified CHEK Practitioner, a Certified Personal Trainer, and a Performance Health Coach. Nick is a student of ancient medical systems (Ayurveda, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Hermedic Medicine, etc), and modern science.
Music by Luke Hall
Subscribe to MBPP!
What did you think about this episode? Drop a comment below or leave a review on Apple Music to let me know. I use your feedback to bring you the most helpful guests and content.