The stats are clear. Our current approach to cardiovascular health is utterly failing. Could we have gotten core fundamentals completely wrong? What if the heart isn’t primarily a pump? Our guest this week discusses a different paradigm. One that better explains our current state and how anyone can optimize cardiovascular health.
Podcast Sponsor Banner
About Dr. Stephen Hussey
Dr. Stephen Hussey MS, DC is a Chiropractor and Functional Medicine practitioner. He attained both his Doctorate of Chiropractic and Masters in Human Nutrition and Functional Medicine from the University of Western States in Portland, OR. He is a health coach, speaker, and the author of two books on health; The Health Evolution: Why Understanding Evolution is the Key to Vibrant Health and Understanding The Heart: Surprising Insights Into The Evolutionary Origins Of Heart Disease – And Why It Matters. Dr. Hussey guides clients from around the world back to health by using the latest research and health attaining strategies. In his down time, he likes to be outdoors, play sports, read, write, and travel.
Top things you’ll learn from Dr. Hussey
- Dr. Hussey’s non-negotiables in health and performance
- Summary of the conversational topics
- Dr. Hussey's strategy for picking up new information and broadening his expertise
- True functions and potential of the heart
- Heart’s 1st function: Vortexing
- How energy is held and stored in the heart
- Heart’s 2nd function: Slowing the flow of blood during exertion
- The true cause of heart failure
- Health benefits of infrared saunas for the heart
- Best ways to support the heart and cardiovascular system
- How noise affects the structure of water
- Glyphosate and how inner water quality affects vortexing
- How cholesterol and lipoproteins affect the heart
- Why conventional heart disease treatments don't work
- Other root causes of cardiovascular disease
- Avoid these cardiovascular disorder risks
- Foods high in cholesterol and saturated fat
- Balance of the autonomic nervous system
- The connection between the heart and the stress response
- Cardiovascular diagnostics and alternative testing recommended by Dr. Hussey
- Best exercises to enhance heart performance and what to avoid
- Supplements and food ingredients that are good for the heart
- Dr. Hussey's perspective on dietary supplements including fish oil, omega-3, and others
- Connect with Dr. Hussey & grab his book “Understanding the Heart”
- Dr. Hussey’s favorite teachers and book
- NMR lipid panels
- Mitochondrial and metabolic peptides
- Cardiovascular myths
- One thing about Dr. Hussey that his community is unaware of
- Dr. Hussey’s final thoughts
Connect with Dr. Hussey
This podcast is brought to you by
Nick Urban is a Biohacker, Data Scientist, Athlete, Founder of Outliyr, and the Host of the Mind Body Peak Performance Podcast. He is a Certified CHEK Practitioner, a Personal Trainer, and a Performance Health Coach. Nick is driven by curiosity which has led him to study ancient medical systems (Ayurveda, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Hermedic Principles, etc), and modern science.
Music by Luke Hall
Subscribe to MBPP!
What did you think about this episode? Drop a comment below or leave a review on Apple Music to let me know. I use your feedback to bring you the most helpful guests and content.