Certain plants like broccoli, turmeric, and berberine have a long list of purported health benefits. Unfortunately, however, we don’t really absorb the active ingredients. New technologies help us overcome the bioavailability issue.
Throughout history, polyphenols and other phytonutrients have played a beneficial role in human health
Stimulating the NRF2 pathway with something like Sulforaphane activates the body’s built-in antioxidant defense systems
The anatomical analysis clearly shows that humans are omnivores, not pure carnivores
Berberine is a potent sleep aid and increases oxytocin
Berberine also improves weight control, and cholesterol, and dramatically lowers blood sugar
Podcast Sponsor Banner
About David Roberts
David Roberts holds an MPH from Johns Hopkins, a Master’s in BME from the UVA, and a Bachelor’s in EE and BME from Duke. David has more than 20 years of public health experience on three continents. In 2014 David cofounded the gut supplement, RESTORE.
Top things you’ll learn from David Roberts
- What’s unique about David’s products?
- Why people should care about sulforaphane?
- David’s non-negotiables for health, performance, & bioharmony
- How David got into creating and providing supplements
- Is BrocElite ‘broccoli in a pill’?
- Sulforaphane regulates the Nrf2 pathway
- How does sprouting compare to taking sulforaphane-based products?
- David’s other sprouts in addition to broccoli
- A blend of sprouts causes all their isothiocyanates to work in synergy
- Synergistic effects are exponential
- Is BrocElite Plus safe for kids?
- Sulforaphane and the antioxidant response system
- Does sulforaphane help with balding?
- Sulforaphane has anti-aging effects
- Sulforaphane effects on BDNF and the brain
- Sulforaphane preserves existing neurons and helps grow new ones
- Consumers of BrocElite experience vivid dreams
- Are plant-based chemicals harmful?
- Sulforaphane reverses the effects of glyphosate on Nrf2
- Sulforaphane and gap junctions
- Sulforaphane found to kill cancer cells
- We are omnivores, not carnivores
- Is sulforaphane a senolytic?
- What is Berberine?
- Berberine helps get rid of glucose
- Can Berberine cause hypoglycemia during fasts?
- High ketone levels can help mitigate hypoglycemia
- Benefits of Berberine
- Berberine is a better sleep aid than Valium
- Berberine increases oxytocin by around 15%
- Does dopamine help with sleep?
- Effects of Berberine on exercise
- Metformin vs Berberine
- Berberine’s effect on weight control
- Berberine can help with cholesterol
- Broccoli seed complex in David’s Berbelite supplements
- How to get a hold of David’s products
Connect with Guest
This Podcast Is Brought to You By
Nick Urban is a Biohacker, Data Scientist, Athlete, Founder of Outliyr, and the Host of the Mind Body Peak Performance Podcast. He is a Certified CHEK Practitioner, a Personal Trainer, and a Performance Health Coach. Nick is driven by curiosity which has led him to study ancient medical systems (Ayurveda, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Hermetic Principles, German New Medicine, etc), and modern science.
Music by Luke Hall
Subscribe to MBPP!
What did you think about this episode? Drop a comment below or leave a review on Apple Music to let me know. I use your feedback to bring you the most helpful guests and content.