Sleep is the undisputed foundation of performance. Every 1% improvement compounds throughout our lifetime. This is the best & holistic way to get started.
Our self-stories constantly reinforce either our problems or our superpowers
The 5 key psychological roadblocks to optimal sleep
How to sleep tech & supplements fit into the routine
Focus on psychological —> physiology —> environment
Podcast Sponsor Banner
About Devin Burke
Devin Burke helps high achievers and exhausted insomniacs get and stay asleep so they can wake up with more peace, power, and presence. He is an author, speaker, sleep coach, and founder of Sleep Science Academy which helps people stop suffering and start sleeping using a unique holistic approach based on science. He was named one of the “Top 25 Health Coaches in America,” and has studied innovative holistic coaching methods from some of the world’s top health and human performance experts for over a decade.
Top things you’ll learn from Devin Burke
- Devin’s non-negotiables for health, performance, & bioharmony
- Devin’s fasting journey
- Striking a balance between short-term vs long-term fasting
- Benefits of the bone broth fast
- Benefits of sleep
- Hormones that get affected by sleep deficiency
- Ghrelin/Leptin and Cortisol
- Barriers to a good night’s sleep
- What is sleep procrastination?
- Sleep hygiene isn’t enough for insomnia
- Beliefs and myths about sleep
- Sleep is something you have to allow
- What to do when you can’t sleep
- There’s a distinction between being tired and being sleepy
- Stimulus control in sleeping
- The relationship between physical touch and sleep
- Patients who experience regular physical touch require less medication
- Touch starvation kills babies
- Physiological aspects that affect sleep
- The psychology of sleep
- The stress triangle
- The effect of language on sleep
- How is this different than CBTI?
- Sleep tracking and measuring devices
- The 3 Ps of sleep mindset
- Quantitative vs qualitative sleep
- What happens during paradoxical sleep?
- What to do when you can’t sleep well
- Tools we can use to improve sleep
- Sleep tips & tools rapid fire
Connect with Devin Burke
This Podcast Is Brought to You By
Nick Urban is a Biohacker, Data Scientist, Athlete, Founder of Outliyr, and the Host of the Mind Body Peak Performance Podcast. He is a Certified CHEK Practitioner, a Personal Trainer, and a Performance Health Coach. Nick is driven by curiosity which has led him to study ancient medical systems (Ayurveda, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Hermetic Principles, etc), and modern science.
Music by Luke Hall
Subscribe to MBPP!
What did you think about this episode? Drop a comment below or leave a review on Apple Music to let me know. I use your feedback to bring you the most helpful guests and content.