Light is one of the core factors constantly influencing human health. Just beyond the visible light spectrum, near-infrared is a rejuvenating and health-promoting photonutrients. Most of us don’t get enough. Near-infrared saunas provide many of the benefits of sunlight and saunas all in one. Without the discomfort of burning.
Sun is 40% near infrared spectrally, but in terms of photons per second it is 70% (not much UV)
“We have a built-in healing, repair, regeneration, rejuvenation anti-aging system that’s in every cell of the body. It’s activated by NIR and red light”
“MB is the only drug I recommend that works really well to amplify near infrared sauna usage”
Any sauna session and heat therapy practice is profoundly beneficial
Podcast Sponsor Banner
About Brian Richards
Brian Richards is a nationally known expert in sauna therapy, light science, EMF science. In 2008 Brian transformed his health by creating his own incandescent electric light bath. In 2013, he founded SaunaSpace®, a company that combines cutting-edge incandescent infrared technology with the age-old practice of sauna.
In 2023, he brings a refreshing approach to natural living, biohacking, and natural health transformation.
Top things you’ll learn from Brian Richards
- Brian’s non-negotiables for his health, performance, and bioharmony
- Brian’s backstory and decision to create SaunaSpace
- Key sauna outcomes
- Dinorphins and exercise exhaustion
- Farmers have known about incandescent light
- SPOKE: The light “absorption window”
- NIR vs FIR vs Finnish saunas
- Are there additional benefits from heating the human body radiantly?
- NIR penetrates deeply and benefits mitochondria and more
- Couple thousand sauna studies and 7000+ light therapy studies
- Sunlight is 70% near-infrared when measured by photons humans experience
- The primary things you get from NIR: mitochondrial stimulation, immune modulation, melatonin
- NIR and melatonin production
- Dr. John Lieurance’s book The Melatonin Miracle
- Methylene Blue & light
- Methylene blue strongly activates 3/4 of mitochondrial proteins
- History & science of heliotherapy
- The “Light Eaters”
- Sunlight, UV, blue light, sunscreen
- Agni hotra Ayurvedic practice
- Why Brian likes the ancestral medicines
- Energetic nature of trauma and ill health
- Epigenetics & trauma & ways to release it
- Sauna is a simple gateway practice & can be meditative
- Is self-care selfish?
- Detoxing through exercise vs sauna usage
- How non-native EMF is a stressor to the nervous system and human body (and mind)
- Any sauna session and heat therapy practice is profoundly beneficial
- How sauna protects against EMF exposure (BH4 and sheer stress)
- Why avoiding sunlight is a major mistake made by most biohackers
- Brian Richard’s key health practices
- Brian’s most influential teachers
Connect with Sauna Space
This Podcast Is Brought to You By
Nick Urban is a Biohacker, Data Scientist, Athlete, Founder of Outliyr, and the Host of the Mind Body Peak Performance Podcast. He is a Certified CHEK Practitioner, a Personal Trainer, and a Performance Health Coach. Nick is driven by curiosity which has led him to study ancient medical systems (Ayurveda, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Hermetic Principles, etc), and modern science.
Music by Luke Hall
Subscribe to MBPP!
What did you think about this episode? Drop a comment below or leave a review on Apple Music to let me know. I use your feedback to bring you the most helpful guests and content.