Hydration is among the most overlooked pillars of optimal health. Best of all, it's among the easiest lifestyle changes.
In this conversation, we discuss the new understanding of hydration and some of the best tips to getting started that don't involve forcing down gallons of water every day.
Humans are born with 300+ movements, but by 40 only perform 30 Click To Tweet Start your morning with 8-16 ounces of water, a pinch of quality sea salt, and a squeeze of lemon Click To Tweet Smoothies are a great way to get the benefits of herbs, spices, produce, and healthy fats in one convenient cup Click To Tweet Hydrate with sunlight + movement + electrolytes + fiber + clean dietary fats + produce + water Click To Tweet
Podcast Sponsor Banner
Dr. Dana Cohen has helped thousands of patients find relief from a variety of health problems utilizing the principles of integrative and functional medicine. She was American Board of Internal Medicine certified in 1998. Dr. Cohen served on the Board of ACAM, the leading voice of Integrative Medicine. She served as the program director for their yearly conferences. She is a founding member on the Scientific Advisory Board for the Organic and Natural Health Association. She is on the scientific advisory board of Cure® Hydration and the Health and Wellness advisor for Essentia® Water.
Top things you’ll learn from Dr. Cohen
- Hydration is the single most effective way to prevent chronic disease
- Powerful due to its simplicity
- Nutrition vs hydration
- Sub-clinical dehydration
- Typical symptoms of dehydration
- Easy test to tell if you're hydrated
- The eight glasses of water per day myth
- Benefits of front loading water
- Ideal morning hydration drink recipe
- Consequences of dehydration
- Link between beauty and hydration
- Dr. Pollack's research on structured water
- Core components needed to hydrate on the cellular level
- How our modern environment dehydrates us
- Lifestyle hacks to hydrate more effectively
- Eating your water
- Health & hydrating power of a proper green smoothie
- Best way to estimate your water needs
- Fascia and hydration
- Science of how movement boosts hydration
- Tips to improve the health of fascia
- Massage bar, dry brush, foam rolling
- Stretch & do unusual movements
- The most hydrating foods
- How clean dietary fats hydrate
- Study shows hydration increases survivability of infection
- Busting hydration myths
Connect with Dr. Cohen
This podcast is brought to you by
Nick Urban is a Biohacker, Data Scientist, Athlete, Founder of Outliyr, and the Host of the Mind Body Peak Performance Podcast. He is a Certified CHEK Practitioner, a Personal Trainer, and a Performance Health Coach. Nick is driven by curiosity which has led him to study ancient medical systems (Ayurveda, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Hermedic Principles, etc), and modern science.
Music by Luke Hall
Subscribe to MBPP!
What did you think about this episode? Drop a comment below or leave a review on Apple Music to let me know. I use your feedback to bring you the most helpful guests and content.