Tried everything and can’t same to get your health in order? Going upstream to the source of the issues is a safe bet. Oftentimes, improving thyroid health can dramatically improve energy, weight loss, sleep, pain sex drive, and mood. Our guest this week has a thyroid optimization masterclass for you.
60M Americans have hypothyroidism, half have no idea
T2 is the bodybuilders secret to boost thyroid, drop crazy amounts of weight, all without burning muscle mass
Standard thyroid lab testing won’t provide an accurate snapshot of your thyroid health
Typical thyroid medications may be working against you
Certain genetic SNPs can dramatically influence thyroid function
2 major (yet common) thyroid kryptonite foods to avoid
Full thyroid optimization protocol for energy, weight loss, libido, and vitality
Podcast Sponsor Banner
About Dr. Amie Hornaman
Dr. Amie Hornaman “The Thyroid-Fixer”, is host to the top-rated podcast in medicine and alternative health: The Thyroid Fixer™, with listeners around the globe. She is the founder of The Institute for Thyroid and Hormone Optimization, an organization with transformational, proven approaches to address thyroid dysfunction and support people in returning to full health. Dr. Amie is also the creator of The Fixxr™ Supplement line with revolutionary, proprietary supplements that are changing the lives of many people. Ultimately, she is a woman on a mission to optimize thyroid patients around the world and give them their lives back.
After her own experience of insufferable symptoms, misdiagnoses and improper treatment, Dr. Amie set out to help others who she KNEW were going through the same set of frustrations and who were on the same medical roller coaster.
Top things you’ll learn from Dr. Amie Hornaman
- 60M Americans have hypothyroidism, half are undiagnosed
- How she was diagnosed in the conventional system
- Defining thyroid terms
- What is it, benefits
- Thyroid symptoms
- T4 & T3
- RT3 is like the bouncer at a club
- Which to test
- Thyroid antibodies for Hashimotos
- Causes of hypothyroid
- Factors that increase RT3
- DIO1 & DIO2 genes
- High dose T4 is big red flag
- With T4 she goes hypo long before it shows on labs
- Other hypothyroid factors
- All autoimmune conditions have trigger
- Fasting and thyroid
- Disruptive foods
- Big NO NO: Tofu & Soy protein
- Iodine is great for thyroid
- Mag + zinc
- Eating gluten while on Hashimoto's causes more destruction of the thyroid gland
- Then add T2
- Berberine for insulin resistant because it is highly inflammatory and increases RT3
- PUFAs and thyroid
- Testing and at-home options
- Hormone production issues or inability to use hormones?
- Hornaman thyroid optimization protocol
- T4 vs T3
- Downsides of T2? None!
- “Exercise in a bottle?”
- 4% body fat reduction in 28 days!
- Naturally occurs in desiccated thyroid
- Dose is 150-300mcg
- General benefits of hormone optimization
- Peptides & bioregulators?
- Red light therapy
- JOOVV Alternatives
- Liver is forgotten but KEY for metabolism and T4 to T3 conversion
- T2 & Cold Thermogenesis
- Cold plunge activates BAT
- Connect & try Dr. Hornaman's supplements
- Book: Dr. Datis Kharrazian – Why Do I Still Have Thyroid Symptoms
- Book: The Bible
- Book: Art of War
Connect with Dr. Amie Hornaman
This podcast is brought to you by
Nick Urban is a Biohacker, Data Scientist, Athlete, Founder of Outliyr, and the Host of the Mind Body Peak Performance Podcast. He is a Certified CHEK Practitioner, a Personal Trainer, and a Performance Health Coach. Nick is driven by curiosity which has led him to study ancient medical systems (Ayurveda, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Hermedic Principles, etc), and modern science.
Music by Luke Hall
Subscribe to MBPP!
What did you think about this episode? Drop a comment below or leave a review on Apple Music to let me know. I use your feedback to bring you the most helpful guests and content.